The Elation Of Crying

When I first came to the Earth, I was given to a man with a white coat. Everyone  was calling  him  a  ‘Doctor’.  He  took  me  softly  in  his  arms  but  out of  a sudden,  he started  patting   my  back   ruthlessly.  I  was  shaken,   and  I   cried.  I didn’t  know  what  sin  I  had committed  that  he  hit  me; I  hadn’t even  kicked him,  like I  used to kick  my mother  sometimes, when I  was  really mad at her.  
When the  first tear  flew out of my eye  and I whined,  even my  own parents  were smiling!  There  was an  atmosphere  of rejoice  in my family  and not  even one  of them  had scolded  the ‘doctor’ for  his actions.  I was hurt.  I cried  even more  after  that  insensitive  behavior.  
But soon,  I was given to my mother, who was careful with me. 



Later,  I was informed about why my tears mattered so much at that hour.
Then  I grew  up  and  became a  tiny girl  who was independent  enough  to  walk.  I held  pride  in plodding  without any  help from  the baby walker.  I  was  not  a  baby anymore.    
  My parents  told me  one morning  that we were  going out to  play and  I was overjoyed!   My mom  dressed me   in new  but   unusual clothes.  They  took  me to  a   building  which  had the  word  ‘school’  engraved in  it.  Several kids  were there  wearing  the  same  odd  dress as  mine.  Abruptly,  I saw a pleasant  woman there  who was  referred  to as  my  ‘teacher’ by my parents. She was overwhelmed with the temptation to play with me.  Soon after I  realized  that my  parents  had  forgotten  me there  and they  came only  after  five  hours to  take me back.  I cried  and cried,  thinking  that I’ll  never  meet  them  again. The ‘teacher’  gave  me  candies  and was  always by my  side till my  parents came  to pick me up from   the ‘school’. 
 I don’t  know  why I  was  sent to  that  place every day after that incident. My  parents  never  understood  that the place  wasn’t enjoyable for me,  but I learnt to live  with it. 
Later,  I apprehended  that the sacrifice  of my tears on  the first day of school  had helped  me acquire new friends  and education at that place.
I developed  further  and became  a teen.  Like every other girl,  I had a beauty  that lived  inside of me.  I forgot  to acknowledge  my family for  its sacrifices  and care for me,  and  rather  cried over  betrayal  and insults by  the outsiders  whom I trusted  the most.  I  entered stress  and cried myself  to sleep almost  every night.  I thought  what people  would  say about me  and wept.  I accused God  that he didn’t love me  but eventually,   ended up at  his feet asking  for help.  I whined  because I had low  grades,  no true friends   and serious regrets .  I was emotionally  detached from my family,  who truly loved me.
 Later,  I perceived that  the tears had  made me stronger.  They had caused  maturity to  originate  in me  and had helped me  with the donation of  knowledge of handling  people  and criticism. 





After a few more years,   I grew into  a young office-going  lady.    I was  an  elegant women,   who was  at the  pinnacles  of her career.  I still  shed tears.  I did  so  because  I  was  scared,  scared  of the  discrimination  towards women.  I was  afraid  of the  ill treatment  towards  a lady  by the society,  the meaningless  social obligations  and  the  insecurity  of the  females around me.  I was  frightened that  I could be  harmed  anytime  while I was not  at home.  I was agitated  by seeing  the timidness  that  a  girl  would  hold in front of the  men,  who were  always  out there  like  wild beasts.  The  men  were never told to be  cautious  of anything  in their life.  They  were  as  open  as  the  sky and as free as a bird! 
 They  made  the women  as obstructed as  a bird  locked in  a cage!  I cried  because  I thought  I would be  harmed,  just like  the many  women  who were  being  defiled,  everyday. 
Later,  I discerned  that these tears  caused by the face  of truth  had helped  me to  find out  the  wrong and  gave me the  strength  to make it  right.  I  was  helped  by  giving  out my   fear in the form  of glistening  drops  out of  my  eyes. 
Soon,  I was  on the verge  of true maturity  when my family  found me a  handsome  and  worthy prince.  He sure  was my prince  but my father  still remained  my king.  I bid   goodbye  with tears  to my family  and walked down  with my husband  to his family.  It  was strange  and nervous  to get  the thought  of adapting to  the lifestyle of people  I was  totally  unaware of.  My husband was  with me always  and supported me.  I would  cry  sometimes,  missing my family  and feeling awkward  with the several  new duties  that I  had to  fulfill without  a fault.
Later,  I discovered  that the tears  I had shed  had helped me  to gain  two loving  families  instead of  just one  and also a man  who would be  by my side  forever.
After  some time,  I was ready  to become a mother.  It made me  edgy as it was  a call of  fresh  responsibilities.  I cried  for I thought  I couldn’t handle  any more pressure.  I was  scared  of the pain of  bringing a  baby into  the world.  My husband  solaced me  at that  moment too,  but he  couldn’t  stop my  teardrops.
Afterwards,  I found my tears  were worth it. I had  given life to an  angel who lit up  my  world.  Both my families  loved me more  for the gift. 
I  remembered my  juvenescence and adolescence,  I knew exactly  what my daughter  would  be going through  in the coming years.  I dripped tears with  the scare of anything  happening  to her.  I wanted no harm to be  caused to her.  She was my life!  I couldn’t  bear the  thought of her  facing any problem.
Later,  I realized  that those tears  had given me  the strength to  protect my kid  from all  that could  hurt her.  I had gained  the power to  help my daughter  in avoiding the  mistakes  I had committed  in my youth. 
The time  had arrived  when I had  to give up  on my daughter  whom I had  nourished  with care,  wealth and unconditional love.  It was the  time she was  leaving me to go  and  stay with the  one she loved.  I didn’t wish  to stop her  but desired for her  to be  with me.  My kid,  who had grown up,  was getting married.  This left my husband  and  me to each other’s mercy.  I cried silently  for my daughter  was going to departure  and  the days  of permanent residing  with her were gone forever.
It  wasn’t long before  I realized that  those teardrops  had helped me  to let go of my  child  to help her achieve every happiness  that I had gained  at my time.  The smile on  her face  helped me to acknowledge  the truth that  letting go of her  was a decision to  cherish  more than  my memories with her. 
One night,  I saw the lifeless face  of my husband.   His heart wasn't  throbbing like it   always did  at the sight of me. He didn't have  the strength left  to hold me.  His  eyes were   long  shut to admire  my face. I cried  my heart out  for now there  was no one  who  existed on Earth  to stand by me.  I felt like  I wanted the sweet  death too. I  just wanted  to  go with him!  I cried more than ever the cause  being that I felt I  was left alone.
 The  teardrops I had  shed gave me the strength  to help me stand on my own feet,  the  power to be strong  and the might to handle  everything on my own  till my last breath.   It gave me  the will to make  my last few days beneficial  for myself and  everyone who  existed around me,  to make right whatever  I thought was wrong  and to complete my  last tasks. 
Another dark night  ended my this journey  of tears and overcoming them.  Surprisingly, I  felt no pain  when my soul was  leaving my body.  All that I  felt was  relief!  I  felt  the  relief   of not  backing  down  when  misery struck my life,  the satisfaction  of getting up  every  time I fell  to resume  to my path,  the ease of knowing  that I had finally  made my  life  productive and efficient,  and moreover,  I felt  the   elation   of   crying. 

Comments

  1. everyone gives reasons to smile,,,,, you gave to cry..... its really nice, also liked its style... : ) great writing. loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I wish that people cry their heart out and feel lighter :) Thanks for appreciating my piece :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

Friends for Life…

A Battle Against The Downpour