A Life-Changing Encounter

One rainy Sunday morning,
I asked my soul,
What had I become?
As my innocence she stole!

I threw the same question,
Again, at her,
But she remained scared,
Of our encounter.

So, I pulled her out,
Straight, out of me,
Screaming, and questioning,
Her accountability.

"I was a princess once,
You've changed, and so have I!
Oh transient one!
It's the time to say Goodbye!"

"Like, the first drop of drizzle,
After a heat stroke,
Neutral and comforting,
For the rich and the broke."



"Like the song of a bird,
To an abandoned man,
The glimmer in his eyes,
Despite away from his clan."

"Like, the feather on a river,
Lifted, softly
I was a princess once,
That's what they called me!"

"Oh! I still reminisce,
When you took that way!
I had to buckle under it,
And, now that's where I stay!"

"Like, showers of fire in the Heavens,
Like, a tiger pacing powerfully,
At a new born deer,
A witch, that's me!"



At this she looked up,
Straight into my eyes,
A glimmer so heavenly,
In them, couldn't suffice!

'You realise you're changing,
So, you haven't changed yet.
She said to me,
'SELF-INTROSPECT!'

I took a step back,
As petrified as I was bold,
She flung at me, the truth,
I was never told!

'During the winters, The Heavens,
too need the fire,
And the tiger after deer,
Is just nature's desire!'



And, she flew back into me,
Like, she could have long ago,
I fell on my knees,
But, started to glow!

'Growing -up' it's called on Earth,
'Losing yourself' I'll say,
I'll get back on my feet soon,
I promised myself that day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

Friends for Life…

A Battle Against The Downpour