Thangachi (Younger sister - Madhumitha Venkatesh)

I could see in her trances of,
Myself when I was younger,
Emotions were her weakness,
But in herself she had a thunder.

Nurtured by love and care,
She had built herself strong,
Wiser than her age,
She knew what was right or wrong,

What a wonder it was,
That she looked up to me,
I was more trivial and weaker,
Than my little Thangachi.



She said I made her feel perfect,
And made her smile everyday,
That's all I aimed for,
But, something strange happened one day.

I had a dark side in me,
So broken and futile,
This side was drenched in tears,
Couldn't make anyone smile.

This side was hesitant,
And bore on it's bare soul
All my sins and wounds,
In capable of playing any role!

I had hidden it from her,
But it suddenly overpowered me
This side showed it's ugly face,
To my little Thangachi,

She cried a lot,
But didn't lose her trust in me,
She tried to hold me tight,
While I was breaking apart abruptly.

She played her part well,
Like she had always done,
But I was scared to fail,
To take away the sunshine from this sun.

I wondered if my influence,
Contaminated my beautiful lady,
And I knew I had a side,
That could really make her shady.

I tried my best to keep,
This side away from her,
For I can go through all the pain,
But can't let her suffer.

And I'm going to try forever,
To be what she wants to see in me,
I want to inspire and nurture,
My beautiful little Thangachi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

Friends for Life…

A Battle Against The Downpour