How to die?

Circulating fan.
Dim lights.
Silent air,
And a knife.

"I want to die. I cant take it anymore!", says she, "But, I don't want to end up in this suffocating room! I want to taste nature before I leave. I was born out of it, I'll die with it!"

And, she steps out of her house, into the bright, soft sunshine.
Slowing walking, and expressionlessly observing.
She carefully crosses the road as she wants to have the sole right to kill herself!
With her knife in her pocket, she heads to the park which was blessed with unfrequented visits. She takes the mere bench there and tries to relax.



Three deep breaths and a long sigh.

Hovering butterflies.
Bright sunshine,
Fresh air,
And a knife.

"I want to die. I cant take it anymore!", says she "Okay, I think it's the right time."

One last time, she stares at the beauty of the nature, unnoticed by most due tot he fast life of today. The glimmering pond, and happy flowers give her an uncanny peace before she would go to the other world.
She takes the knife out of her pocket and just stares at it.
This simple tool would end all her battles now.
Just when it's cool surface is about to touch her skin, she strangely hears some giggles. The park generally has almost no visitors but, she hears two girls coming towards her. She chooses to wait fro a while before they walk right past her.
Her heart is brimming with patience as she doesn't have to wait for long, she knows.
By now, the girls are visible.
"I know, right! It's a brilliant creation! May it's authoress live a thousand years!" she hears one of the girls say.
It takes less than a second for her to look at them, and mindlessly let her eyes follow them.
She notices a book in the hands of one of those girls, and can't help but stare at it till they are completely out of sight.
She turns back to her knife.
"Live a thousand years?" She repeats in a robotic tone.
With her eyes half shut already, she pulls herself straight, and gets up.
She makes a beeline to the pond nearby.
Staring at the sunshine dancing on it's surface, she sighs again.
She takes her knife and throws it in the pond.
She watches it splash up some water, before returning to her bench.



"Never mind." she whispers "I'd rather be an authoress than a dead corpse."

She pauses.

"Yeah." says she after a while, nodding, as if reassuring herself.
"Besides, I shouldn't die like this. I should let time do it for me, and I'm blessed to have a lot of it left."

And, she smiles, realizing the importance of the gifts she has in her life.
And, she grins, feeling alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

Friends for Life…

A Battle Against The Downpour