The Crippled And Dependent (PART 1)

As the first drop of sun
Poured down from the fluffy clouds,
It was the time to spread my wings
and fly off without a doubt.

 All the birds twitched their tails
As they prepared for the flight
And one by one they soured high in the sky,
But my wings were coiled tight.

I was different from them all,
'Injured' as they called me.
So, couldn't I fly I asked mom,
"Was I going to live differently?"



And all the birds did come,
They flocked around me,
Some mocking some grieving
But none could help, absolutely no body.

I didn't want any tears,
Neither any mocking,
It was simply my fate,
My path on which I was walking.

I did surrender once,
With agony, distress and despair,
Without any independence, any freedom,
Why always with tender care?

Why was I treated that way?
Always so differently!
By everyone except my mother
Who has her faith in me.

 She made me do everything, 
that other birds did independently,
So couldn't I fly, I asked mom
"Was I going to live differently?"

And then mom made me see,
The world from her eyes.
No doubt she is inspirational,
And truly so wise!

She said, " look at these birds
Do they appear independent to u?"
I nodded a yes
Because they could soar and fly too.



"No they r not!" She revealed
"Their thoughts trap them tightly
They call you injured!
Don't treat you normally"

"But you can do all that they can.
They see this everyday.
Yet they discourage you to fly,
Do you think it's okay?"

 "They are thinking the thoughts of the society,
Not of their own,
how dependent, how crippled they are
This they have shown"

 "So pull yourself together"
She said, empowering me.
"If u can do it all,
Then you can even fly perfectly!"

And I realised that I was the one independent,
And the society was not.
So I twitched my tail the next morning,
Ready to give flying a shot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends for Life…

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

A Battle Against The Downpour