"Won't you stop me from going, God?"

"I'm going away" I said to my Lord. He just sat there on his regular stone slap with the snake crawling around his neck. His hair adorned with the glistening moon and his expressions as calm and blissful as ever. None of that would change, even if I leave.



"You listen to my prayers and just forget them." I justified after waiting for him to ask me why, while he hadn't.
I waited for a minute for him to protest or at least tell me to stay but he just sat there with an innocent smile, blinking at me. Was he not bothered because I could change nothing?

Enough. I turned around and walked exactly three steps in the direction away from him. He didn't stop me even then.

I myself abruptly stopped. He still sat there looking at me as if I were singing his praises.
I turned to him and walked four steps towards him.
"Won't you stop me ?" I asked him, aggravated.
He blinked at me. 

"Have you forgotten I exist?" I asked him, my voice almost choking.
"I'll die of pain if you don't speak to me. Why won't you stop me?" I started crying gently, trying my best to stay strong.




"You can not go away from me." said Shiva. Never had I heard a more magical voice. I lifted my head to look at him, and stepped closer to him to make sure it was him whom I heard.

“I exist in you.” he spoke, again. My uneasiness evident on my face, I fell down near his feet when I just couldn’t remain strong anymore, my legs strangled and both my hands at the ground shivering next to his feet. I just broke down and began to cry.

I reached my hand out further towards his feet to touch him. I reached just a grain away when my agony overtook my body in a fix. I was left clutching the soil desperately.




 He got up from his usual restful position staring at me.

He struck trishula in the earth next to him and bend down to touch my shoulders. With the utmost ease, he lifted the little spirit bent in front of him, and wrapped me in the protection of his arms, as I dug my teary face in his chest, pulling him as close to me as I could.




“Cry as much as you want” said he with a strange elation in his voice, “as you won’t be able to anymore when I marry you.” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

Friends for Life…

A Battle Against The Downpour