A Look At The Real Problems

I slouched in my armchair, still quite strained about the loss of my one and a  half marks and the friendship of an immensely sterling friend. Every time my  brother  would see my nerve-racked,  he  would  drag  me  to  a  burger   parlor  to make  me feel  mentally convalescent,  but  he  wasn’t  home  that  day.  ‘I hope  he  is back soon’, my mind chanted. It didn’t  take more  than a few  minutes for  my wish  to be granted.  My brother saw  me, smiled  and asked,  “What now?” As always, I acted reluctant, because I few I could throw a few tantrums in   front    of  him.  Finally, I bursted  out telling him  all my hassles.  “Let’s go, outside.   It   might  just make you feel better.” Oh, 
 I was  waiting for my share of burger and cold drink. I got up at once.
We drove out in his car. I mutely waited to get to my mouth  watering      treat.  I was  very agitated  at what my life  had become.  I had lost a best friend and I  had scored  very less in  my exams.  I was on the verge of tears.  Nothing could make me feel better, not even ten bars of my favorite  chocolate!  My mind was paining. I couldn’t accept the strenuous juncture of my life. I  wanted to make everything fine but it seemed unworkable. I was quite lost in  my thoughts when I realized that we had left the burger parlor behind. “Where  are  we heading?” I asked my brother. He grinned at me “A surprise.” I     loved  surprises but they couldn’t fascinate me at that moment as I was far     too  displeased. Still, I hoped that my brother’s this suspense would make me   feel  better.
We ended up at a stationary shop, from which my brother bought me a diary  covered with glittery pink cloth and a pen of matching colour. ‘He thinks this  can make me more gleeful than my best-loved  snack!’  I thought ‘Was he my real brother?’ Only a glance was all that it took for him  to comprehend my mind. He took a u-turn.  “Write down all you see in this journey.” he said. ‘Is he serious!? Doesn’t he  know about the trauma I am into!? What has happened to him?’ I thought  but  did as I was instructed. He pointed out a few scenes for me which I recorded.  He pointed out a beggar, a blind person, a shivering child, a legless man and  an  old  helpless  lady.  They were all trying to fight against their miseries and stumbling  blocks. They were in the middle of great difficulty but could not do anything for  recovery. Their fate had gifted them these mishappenings, whose habituation was heart tearing and poignant.
To my wonderment, my brother stopped the car near the burger parlor and  tugged me in it. I took my diary along. We sat in the seats as our order  came.  “Do you know even the half of the obstacles of the people who you just  saw?  Do you know how they fight back? Your problem is nothing in front of  theirs.  Count your  blessings.  You know  you are  blessed  to have  petite  rectifiable problems. Compare  your  life to  theirs;  you’ll  certainly  get  a  moral  from them. ” I felt ashamed at  my  childish  behavior.   I had made such a big thing out of a trouble that was as  the  size  of  a  sand  grain.   My brother gave me a  good lesson that day. I look down in  disgust at myself.  “You are a kid. You will reach maturity, soon. Till then,  whenever you face a problem, write it in this diary and brood on today’s  virtue.” I nodded in embarrassment and realization. “And, just because my sister acted  fully-fledged today, she can have my burger too”
                                                     
                                 - Khyati Sanger

Comments

  1. Amazing story khyati.... :D
    born to be an author i guess.... :)
    Waiting for more......

    ReplyDelete
  2. this article gave me a true lesson...
    awesomeness of dis article cannot be expressed...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feels great to see it was made productive.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Khyati, it just made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I wanted it to do, make my reader's day. It's great that the criteria was fulfilled a bit.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

Friends for Life…

A Battle Against The Downpour