A Gift forever, this Christmas.

I was alone in bed, laying down, in attention, like any soldier would stand in front of her major. I had my eyes shut  and not before long, I had almost gone into a delicate sleep after much waiting, when the soft sound of rustling leaves left me wide awake. At once, I sat up in my bed, seething with rage at the cheekiness of those leaves and soft breeze mingling! Their love story could wait, couldn't it!
And, so, I made a beeline for the fir tree. It was Christmas and so, the only direction from where that kind of sound could come from was now right before me. Swiftly, I headed towards the near-by open window, and a thud was all that it took for me to separate the two lovers.  "You can love each other after my beauty sleep is complete, okay?" I said turning towards the culprits. "And you all are-" ,but I was heckled upon seeing some perplexing figure hiding behind the fir stem, but hence, had turned more prominent than anything else in the room.  I shrunk my eyes, both for a better look and for the fact that I was confused at the red thing. "Hey, you red being! Who are you?", asked I , falling in an akimbo. I wasn't scared, surprisingly, because of the heat of the moment. "You caught me? Should I come out?" asked he, with a voice that was still hopeful that I would say 'no'. "Yes, Sir!" I sternly said, and so he jumped out.
He was a fat man, with long silver beard and had specks of snow over his shoulders. My irritated expression faded, along with my akimbo. "Santa Claus?" I interrogated.
"Ho-Ho-Ho" he answered. "I'm sorry, young girl for I had opened the window to get in.". His belly explained why he didn't use the chimney. He pulled his fingers out to me for a handshake. I smiled faintly, still in an intense shock. "H-Hello" I barely managed to say, giving my hand out to his.
Suddenly, he took my hand and pushed me hard into his large, flexible red bag, and before I could guard myself, I was kidnapped. 'What's happening! Is it some random kidnapper dressed as Santa to fool me!?' thought I, before fainting due to a nervous break down.






The next thing I remembered was waking up only to see myself in the arms of a handsome guy.
"She's up!" he said, excitedly to someone who wasn't in my vision. My head was paining like a thousand pricking needles and I felt mugged of all senses.
I jumped out of the arms of the guy, very uncomfortably, and turned my head to see the other man. It was that kidnapper!
"Kidnapper!" shouted I on seeing him, and both of them burst into pearls of laughter. He's no kidnapper!", said the boy. Something about their attitude told me that the situation wasn't grave.
For the first time from the past few moments, I had actually noticed his face. His fair complexion, along with the brown shiny hair made him look like a gentleman. His pink lips lightened up his face whenever they curved into a smile. "I has to kidnap you kid," said Santa"because your future husband asked for you as a gift this Christmas." and, he pointed to the guy with the congenial smile.
It was such a shocking yet magical and unrealistic moment. I just couldn't help but blush.
Santa noticed the red wine colour of my cheeks and gave out a naughty laugh. He informed us that we had exactly one hour together and then, I'd magically be transported back to my place. After that, he left.
We hugged each other at once. "Husband!" whispered I, gratified. "Future husband." he pointed out. "Shut up and don't spoil the moment!" I grumpily said. He laughed after teasing me.
A thought stuck me and then, I pulled back.
"Give me your number?" I asked him. "No." he said,"I want the destiny to make us meet on it's own. I don't want to jumble up his planning for us."
"Are you not too mature for me?" I asked him, kidding. "No, we are the same age."  he answered, smiling.
"How do you know my age?" I interrogated. "I even know your gender, and the colour of your eyes." he added, jokingly. I couldn't help but laugh.
"Santa told me", he revealed, "all about my wife." and he pounced on me for a hug.
"Future wife." I corrected, playing his trick back on him. I could hear him snicker again.
Afterwards, I asked him to take me under the mistletoe and he did. However, before we could kiss, he said he wanted it to happen at the right time, and I could have never been more glad. so, we sat down together, in stead.
Soon after, I couldn't feel my legs, and we noticed that magic was taking me back to my place. I was turning into specks of golden glitter here. The last thing I saw was him collecting the glitter for preservation. I felt something totally new that day. I felt pain and appeasement, together.

I was transported back to my fir tree. I smiled by myself, still musing over how magical it had all been. Suddenly, I ran to the near-by window and opened it, as swiftly as I could.
"There you go, guys!"I said to the fir leaves and the breeze, completing their love story yet again.
"After all, love is in the air, tonight." :) <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

Friends for Life…

A Battle Against The Downpour