The Crippled And Dependent (PART 2)

I saw others on the branch too,
they were there to fly,
I was there to learn,
to practice and try.

They all have 2 wings,
I didn't have the other,
I resisted for a while,
but, then, I recalled mother.

All I wanted to convey,
was that I was wholesome,
It was no misery, no laughter stock,
And, the time had come!

I stumbled, I admit,
I tried and I failed,
Yet with mom as my other wing,
Strong I was hailed!

Again and again,
I did try,
I fell, I got up,
Trying to touch the sky!

Seeing others on their own,
I did back down,
Only to come back again,
with more motivation and less of a frown.

Stumbling, falling, getting up,
went on for years,
Till one day I could fly
Leaving behind all my fears.



I flew silently,
But it was a loud gesture,
No one spoke that day,
covered in silence's vesture

Yet everyone heard,
What no one spoke
It was in the air beneath my wings,
And it's effortless strokes.

I was independent,
That's what they heard,
And they were crippled,
Each and every of that bird.

Bogged down by chains,
Tied to bars,
Their thoughts were of the society,
Defiled by scars.



And, in the musty books,
Passed down to the progeny,
Is still that quote,
Which the wise old wrote for me

"Will always suffer
The ones Independent"
He says, "Till the nation
Remains Dependent"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

Friends for Life…

A Battle Against The Downpour