Dreamscapes

Chong was surrounded by a lot of people. And, it was a  common site now. This made me so uneasy. It wasn’t envy  or any personal grudge, except, in the deepest corners of  my soul, I just could not believe in what everyone else  seemed to do – his stories.
Everyone in the town had started to regard him a lot. After  all he was the ‘chosen’ one by Tara herself, to help ‘revive  Tibetian Buddhism.’ He had started ‘preaching’ the core  concepts passed down by our Buddha. And, not just that,  he had also told everyone to unite against the Chinese  oppressive force.

I believed in both, however, no one seemed to use their  own minds against his words anymore, as if he were  Amitabha Buddha!
In the beginning, his words, being the true preaching of our  religion, felt like cool dew drops to my heat-stricken leaf-like mind. But, I could not come to terms with Goddess  Tara coming in his dreams every night and with the  concepts ‘spoken secretly by Buddha’ which I had never  heard of.

(Goddess Tara)


I stood at a comfortable distance from him but could still  overhear his words. “Tara came in my dream last night  and showed me a dreamscape of The Liberated Tibet, free  from the Chinese. I have decided to set forth my journey to  the Government of China to ask them to leave us alone, and  I want you all to provide me with some money for the  same.”And, just as he said that, people started offering him  all their money.



This was the height of it.
“Wait!” I spoke up seething with rage at everyone’s  gullibility  “There are elaborate meetings, Leagues and  organizations trying to do the same and you think you  could fool people into getting you their money because you  alone wanted to ‘walk’ to the Chinese Government. How  unrealistic! We all know you won’t be entertained!” 
And, what I was scared of, happened. The whole mob  turned against me, condemned me and then, started stoning me.
I was smacked to the ground, as my eyes began to shut. Yet,  I felt a wave of satisfaction running through my veins as I  tasted the blood. God had given me a chance to help me experiment with  my  amazing  existence.  And  I  tasted  the dirt of Tibet,  where  I  had  always  been  given  a  chance to grow.
My skin bled like my heart did because of not just their  behavior but about how I was losing my breath and so  won’t be able to expose this man flourishing his evilness in  the name of my God. I was holding on to the little chunk of  strength left in my heart. I couldn’t die as yet. 
Suddenly, someone shouted, “Divert your attention, you  all! Chong has taken all our money and has run away  without another word. The ones who chased him said he  has gone not towards China but in the opposite direction.  He tried to hurt the ones chasing him and has escaped!  He is a cheater!”
I felt relieved for the truth was finally out! They were all  mourning for their wealth when a gentleman reminded  them of me. However, when they came to my rescue, it had  been too late. With a smile on my face, I had taken my last  deep breath of the air of my nation, and had let go of my  soul, peacefully.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

Friends for Life…

A Battle Against The Downpour