Being Like Daddy; Being On My Own!

I was crawling on the floor with my soft limbs. My knees all weary of being pressed against the hard surface and my arms quite worked up of being stretched for so long. All that I could see even through my peripheral vision were pale white tiles and two shiny black boots of daddy.
I had to reach daddy, and for that, I was striding faster than my usual pace.
As I was about to reach him, I was abruptly challenged in the middle.
This toy which was carelessly left in my way always made me stumble! It didn't fright me to the point of running back though. I was brave. I sprinted ahead with the best of my skill, like a bull battling his enemy.

Yet again, my hand slipped over the toy and I stumbled.
It took me a while to get back on track and warn the toy that I would try again.

Another limb forward, another push ahead, and soon I was near daddy, who warmly welcomed me.



He picked me up in his arms and dusted off my tiny knees.
The world appeared so much different from daddy's perspective. I felt relax in his arms. My vision widened. The little toy seemed to be nothing from there. And, the whole room could be seen. Colourful paintings, my soft toys, the warm blanket. It was a good change from the tiles.

Daddy always aid I would be like him one day, and then, I would be able to 'live' his perspective. And, whenever he would life my little spirit this way, I would get the glimpse of what future had in store for me.

"Relaxed, ain't you, boy?" he asked me. I blissfully nodded, as my eyes shrunk while I smiled. "So, should I not put you down ever, now?" daddy questioned.

Oh! I couldn't let that happen! I threw a tantrum while in his arms. Dad was bewildered at this behaviour of his 'calm' child. I didn't stop till daddy put me back to my narrow perspective.
I couldn't be in daddy's arms for so long. It was appeasing but temporarily. I wanted to struggle, to learn to walk, to widen my perspective on my own! I wanted to be like daddy, independently.


Never for temporary comfort would I cripple myself!
And, as daddy stood there looking at me, astonished, I held my head up high and proudly crawled on the floor. I was learning, and that I did with pride.
As I yet again faced another toy on my way, I stumbled, and saw daddy rushing towards me.

Well, I guess, I could use his assistance once in a while though!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

Friends for Life…

A Battle Against The Downpour