A delicate delightful smile

And as I read,
I can connect
Every word to you.

With the remembrances
Of the past,
I have a smile drawn on my face.

A delicate delightful smile,
Like you have surprised me
With an embrace from behind me.

I lower my gaze
I hide my face
And I smile till my cheeks hurt.

If you were here
You would say
I look beautiful smiling

But that's not what
Everyone else thinks
They would think I am crazy

They don't know
What it's like living a dream,
What elation feels like

I softly tidy up my face
Bringing it back to 'normality'
And I shut my book close to get you off my mind.

I look out of the window
'Normal' for a moment
But I can't hide the smile anymore!

I cover my face with the book
And slouch in the seat,
Smiling all I want to.

For now my dream has come true
And I won't be embarrassed of
experiencing it anymore.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

Friends for Life…

A Battle Against The Downpour