Reviving The Trip (The Second of April)

Day 2
April 2
Dad woke me up early in the morning and told me to get ready because we were going to head to Shimla, in a local transport, like a bus or something.
I was lifeless. I woke up but then, went back to bed, on the verge of tears because I was so unwell.
Dad told me not to cry. I nodded and I went back to sleep.
I was so unconscious after that. I would go to sleep, and dad would wake me up, buck me up in vain and let me sleep again.
Then, I remember telling my dad that I felt pukish again.
"That's not possible, Khyati." Said he. "I gave you medicine last night. You won't vomit again."
I nodded an 'alright' once more and the next second, I threw up again.
It would  have been very funny at any time but that!
So, he let me rest.
Then, I remember waking up every now and then to eat some homeopathic medicine. Our whole plan had turned out to be shuffled due to me. Dad was unsure about  going to Shimla even. It all depended on me, he had said. I wanted to go.
I got of out bed with much effort and announced that Shimla was waiting for us, and we couldn't let it down.
Dad hired an expensive driver to drive us in our own car to the hilly region (Shimla) for my comfort.
Daddy was too scared to drive on the steep slopes as it required practice.
So, the journey from Chandigarh to Shimla also went by with me asleep or just admiring the natural beauty. I shouldn't look out of the window, dad told me, or I'd feel dizzy. So, I was left with no option but to sleep.
I felt nice at least due to the cool atmosphere of Shimla.
When we ended up there, there came a point when the car couldn't go any further, and we had to use the lift.
There was a very helpful and well aware man who helped us up the lift and to our hotel.
We were tired already, had not had much due to my illness, actually I had eatten only 4 bread pieces since morning and the two bulky men of my family had had even less.
We had quite heavy luggage and our 'meheman' hotel was at a high altitude.
The helpful man even helped us with our luggage and the directions. It was a warm welcome.
We thanked him several times, but I still think it wasn't enough.
Anyway, we went forward to our hotel.
Steep slopes we had to climb before reaching the door of the hotel. And once we entered that door, several steep stairs awaited us there, with an evil smile, each!
Anyway, we hadn't lost all our energy yet so we took up the challenge thrown our way. One by one, as we climbed the stairs, bit by bit we lost our joules of energy.
When we reached the hotel, we were all stiff. So, we just rested at the reception for some while.
After we had recovered our breaths, dad asked the man about the cottage we had booked and it's key wasn't available!
We were so hungry, so tired and on top of that.... Arghhh!
We waited for 1 hour straight before going to our room and, it was quite..... small.
We just fell off in the bed and armchairs available.
And all of us were quite irritable, so we ended up having some arguments.
The journey didn't really seem favorable.
After a while we set off for the supper or lunch or whatever as it was almost dinner time, and we had not even had our lunch, so we didn't know what to call that meal.
Just as we got out, a slight drizzle started. I thought it won't last for long, so, I was enjoying it so much.
'The Ridge Café' read a trivial restaurant, and we go got confused whether to go for it or not. We decided to catch up with it later, and resume our walk.
But, as we were going ahead, the breeze blew even stronger, and abruptly, rainfall dropped down.
We ran under the shelter of an extended edge of the famous Scandal Church in Shimla.
I started shivering because I wasn't wearing any sweater. My brother wrapped me in a hug. Not wearing the sweater was worth it.
Then, we decided to go back to The Ridge Café to go grab a meal.
A very clam and congenial man was its owner. He seemed so pure and had a slight smile on his face.
When he talked to us, it seemed as if sugar was dissolved in the words he spoke.
We had rajma chawal and chow mein. Then we went further to go through the shops and markets nearby. We ate momos and even pastries from a very famous shop there.
Then, we wandered here and there, looking at different shops and stores. We also discussed about the memories we had gathered on our previous trips in Shimla. Dad loves Shimla and makes quite frequent visits there. My mom and dad had their honeymoon in Shimla only!
Anyway, so we went back to our hotel after it started drizzling more and my dad nagged about the shower all the while.
The room was tiny and not spacious at all.
We made place and slept. Dad and bro fell asleep and I was awake. I felt a bit suffocated and had weird thoughts about ' what if the oxygen in this room empties up overnight?' Because really there was no source of fresh air and the room was tiny as hell!
I laughed at my wild imagination and said to myself 'that's why you didn't pursue science!'
Then, I didn't even realise when I fell asleep.
The day was alright, but dad wasn't appeased with the journey at all, anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

Friends for Life…

A Battle Against The Downpour