Stop Glorifying 'Busy'

My grandma sat right across the table from me, quite 'healthy' but unfit.



I was busy with my textbook for my exam the next day and she was weakly lifting her glasses, shrinking her eyes, looking at the cell phone, maybe trying to call someone.

I couldnt pay attention to her as I had a crucial exam the next day which would determine my life chances in the future, but I could see her from the corner of my eye.

She called someone
No answer.
Redailed.
No answer.

"Is the phone not working?" she asked, being from the generation that trusted their people more than technology.

"No, dadi. It is perfectly fine." I said, smiling faintly.
She trusted her people and so, believed me without a word, but kept the phone away, anyway.

She sat still for a minute and then, reached out for the phone again.
After all, she had been busy all her life, like I was at that time. She had to keep herself busy that day too.

This time, the phone was answered.
I could make that out from the sudden glimmer of happiness on her face!

I thought, I might just be in her position one day.
I was being made to stay busy when I didn't want to be and I would be made to rest when I would have become addicted to being busy.

One thing, I knew for certain. As long as this system existed, a family could never prosper in love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends for Life…

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

A Battle Against The Downpour