Getting happiness and giving if off

It was a horrible day, I tell you. I had to walk for so long just to get my torn clothes stitched, and that too in such heat. Daddy could have taken me there but "it would have been better if I walk" and of course he had been "busy" talking to our relatives about my cousin's increment of salary. "You have to progress more then her Khyati okay?" Said my aunt teasing me. When on earth had money become "progress"?

Anyway I was just 16 and I had a lot of stuff to do before earning. And giving my clothes up for stitching was one of them. There were many tailors who would sit by the road, but I had to go for a specific one though there was this tailor lady sitting right by the gate of my society, as that specific man would charge less.

It was tiring already, till I reached his shop. I told him to keep my clothes and that my dad would come and collect it, and I felt to treat myself for the "herculean" task I had performed. I treated myself with a cold drink and tucked a chocolate in my pocket prepared to walk back home.
I let my mind wander as I strolled back towards the gate of my colony.
'Was I really happy? Not only was I tired physically but also emotionally. I liked this guy who didn't like me back and I really craved for an emotional support in the form of a man, an amazing man - my man!'

I kept thinking about it 'what was I doing with my life, craving a man who could never be mine who would never fall in love wi-' my thoughts were interrupted as I reached the gate, I saw the woman tailor who seemed a bit irritated.

With a frown on her forehead, she was asking her customer something inaudible to me. I looked at her for a brief second before stepping inside the gate.

'Wait Khyati' I said to myself 'so you will go past her like any other pedestrian? So, that's what it all about?'

The lady who had put her blood and sweat into earning a living, was agitated at being unable to understand her customers request. I went closer to her.

"But who's measurement are you referring to?" She asked me once again helpfully.
"Excuse me?" I said grabbing her attention, while I dug into the pocket of my old jeans.
She looked at me expecting another order.

I dug out the chocolate I had just bought and placed it on the counter for her. I said nothing, neither did she, but she softly smiled at me. A bright smile, it was brightest and the most beautiful I had ever seen, and ever would I believed.

That smile made me grin from ear to ear. It gave me absurd vibrations; elation which lasted for a while.
Without another word, I left.



The moment gave me a huge realisation. It suddenly hit me that I had actually no huge hurdles to cross over, my only issue was that I had too much, to fine happiness in the little things which I was privileged to have.

The act of giving induced me in a sudden self introspectory attitude which shouted out aloud about how I could get happiness by just giving it. I did not need a guy to make me gleeful because I stood there on my own making others elated.

Had I wondered that a little errand that I was running so reluctantly would bring me across something greater than my issues.
Maybe, the day wasn't that horrible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

Friends for Life…

A Battle Against The Downpour