Reviving The Trip (Third of April) {Part 2}

It was the "  Gaiety Hall  " . We went there and were directed to a stage hall.
"Dance?" I thought.
"Vaibhav!"I thought.
Then a forty year old man came near our seats and tried to get the attention of the whole crowd there.
"Nah, no dance"I thought.
" I am the instructor and will tell you about this hall built in the colonial times." Said he.
"Nah, no Vaibhav." I thought.
And I giggled as Vaibhav couldn't be there anyway.
I was missing my friends and LOLers a lot. I hadn't been away from them for so long ever.
Anyway, so the instructor started off.
He said the hall was built in 1887 by Lord Irwin. It is one of the 7 existing halls which are left from the colonial period, and it was still in use!
Blah blah blah went on the man.
"And now you can explore the place". Oh my gosh! I was glad as hell because I love to do these explorations! I felt exactly like a tourist!
So I went off to the stage and thought about how different imperial plays were performed! Chucking all the little details and going back stage, I had a lot of fun! 

 

Then I went around the double storey building, checking the photos displayed of the time when it was built and of the national leader 'Mahatma Gandhi'. 




 





Then I went around all the stairs and halls and found out that other activities were also being carried out like a painting exhibition. 
I took lots of pictures.





    
                                                               

                 



India is blessed in the way that out of 7 existing colonial halls only one was in Shimla, India, and so I felt blessed too, to have visited it.
I was finally feeling at Shimla, the next to follow up was the Christ Church , a famous church in Shimla.
I had been to Shimla so many times but hadn't ever entered that church. That day I did.
I saw slates on the wall remembering their loved ones.




There was complete silence there and beautiful glass painting that add to the peace. However it was the Good Friday so Jesus' statue was covered with a cloth and yet again I couldn't see him. We even got pictures clicked  from a professional photographer!
Anyway, I was loving Shimla!
After we came out of the chruch dad started talking about the bad weather again and said that there was no point being in Shimla.
And out of no where I was decided by dad and bro to leave for Chandigarh that very evening and I was left like "whaaaaaaa?"
And in no time our bags were packed, our brother had went down the lift to the car with them and had left on us the duty to collect the pastries from a famous shop in Shimla.
We realized that the pastry we had had before was from a shop we had assumed to be the famous shop. Gosh ! First we collect our photos and then we went looking for that 'real famous' shop. We went in the wrong direction and came back and I kept motivating my dad to walk a bit more for the pastries. Finally, we reached that shop!
I stood outside the shop while dad went inside to get pastries. When he came back he announced that those pastries were finished! We went looking for the pastry from the shop we had got them from earlier. And with much climbing and waiting for the lift we were in our car after two hours. And the journey of the steep steps started again.
I wasnt feeling well as usual. I kept my eyes closed during all of the journey. 
Then, we dropped at Solan for some time where are old relatives, and like always I felt so loved!
They called me to themselves for the summer vacations  but I doubt I can go though I want to.
I would've puked if we hadn't stopped. So after much vomiting and swirling of brain we were back to dads friends house at Chandigarh. I didn't puke, thankfully. Dad slept while I enjoyed pastries and burger with bro.
And so we dozed off after the activity-filled tiring day.
That day it seemed as if we were on a real trip! Out of all the days out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

Friends for Life…

A Battle Against The Downpour