Reliving The Trip ( Third of April ) { Part 1 }

As the first ray of the sun broke out through the fluffy clouds my dad was up and was trying to wake up my  brother & me too.
We were too exhausted of walking up and down the lanes the previous day. So, we were determined not to  open our eyes till we really wished to. And so my dad's plan for the day was delayed again.
My brother was still asleep when I got up.

(My room in Shimla)


I brushed my teeth, saw dad growling about how lazy we were and nodded at him. My dad was 
quite  hungry and so, we chose to let my bro sleep and to head out for breakfast.
My dad wanted to have paranthas while, I was craving for cheese sandwiches.
And only after much climbing up and down, we found Tripti bakerie which had the sandwich I 
wanted.
Afterwards we went to a small restaurant near The Ridge Cafe for paranthas.
As we were there, eating and drinking tea we saw a notice which said 'The ones who are drinking
 tea,  should go outside and drink water' . How absurd. Out of curiosity we asked the owner of that
restaurant what did it  exactly  mean.  He said that some people would come to just discuss things at his
restaurant.  They would sit there for hours just sipping tea and making the other customers wait.
Then, after a while they would ask for water of having to talk while discussing so much. But, if 
they would  go  out  for  water  their  place  would be  left vacant  for  other customers.  "Hell of a strategy!" I thought while  everyone giggled at the explanation.
Shimla is a tourist place and its natives seem to have adjusted to this fact by being friendly. And due
 to the  same reason we talked  to the restaurant's  owner about  our plans  for the trip.  We told him how we were planning  to visit the  'Jakoo Mandir'.

(An awesome picture clicked by me of the Famous church there and the prominent status of Lord Hanuman from Jakoo Mandir. An awesome blend of two faiths)


 'Jakoo Mandir' is a temple of the Hindu God Hanuman.
He said that the next day being Hanuman Jayanti (God Hanuman's birthday anniversary) the
 temple would  be overcrowded and cars wont be allowed there.
And as he went on explaining the difficulties we would face, we gradually just dropped the idea of 
the visit.
I wanted to go really! But, even the weather seemed stormy again.
My dad ate his breakfast and packed some for my brother.
When we went back to our room, my brother was up and was waiting for his breakfast with so much of  surety as of we were some kind of room service.
My brother is a bulky man, and having said that, no doubt he was still hungry after his breakfast.
So, as dad got ready and washed himself, I with my brother walked down to the Ridge Cafe.
As I went down the street I felt great, breathing in the cool air and the best part was that no cars were  allowed that place so, it was even more comfortable for the pedestrians like us.
So, I sat there at the Ridge Cafe while my brother at his breakfast, again.
The humble owner asked my brother if the food tasted okay or needed any improvement.
I couldnt help but smile at him. His expressions told me he didnt even know he was humble!
I will remember him along with Shimla always.
He seemed so calm, as if there were no haste or tensions in his life, but of course that was least  probable!
Soon bro finished his breakfast and we went up to our room, having a photo session in between.
I saw the office of The Hindustan Times ( a renowned daily) there too, and we started discussing if  theyd  publish me article at a gunpoint?
Laughing, clicking pictures, and talking, we reach our room.

(A random dumb picture I clicked on our way back)


 Dad was ready, already and soon. We got ready too, after  taking  much time.
"what's the plan?" I asked.
"Getting out of the stupid room!" he replied.

(The Cottage in Shimla where I stayed)


So, I giggled and I can give you the surety that his 'plan' was soon fulfilled.
As we head out, we decided to go to the well-known  markets  in  Shimla, and to The Ridge

(House riding taking place on The Ridge, common site there.)


 And soon we were at the lower bazaar. I recalled coming to Shimla few  years  before and finding almost nothing that could tempt a girl into buying it but this time it was different!
Going up and down the shops we finally found one jacket for me and a 'shitty' shirt for my brother.
My dad didn't even look for things for himself. Of course, he's so sacrificing! 
Then, we headed to the 'Lakkad Market' (Market of Wood) which is known to have stuff made out of wood,but we realized that much of it had undergone a revolution!
So, finding nothing there, we sat on one of the benches on the footpaths and guessed which was the local crowd and which wasn't. Yes, we were simply killing time. I found a shop there, which never opened that very day but, always promised to open the next day.

(Ya this is the shop. It's a joke.)


We sat there for quite long because daddy was tired, but then he was hungry and so, we went off to a restaurant somewhere down the stairs of the same kind which greeted us on the entrance of 'meheman' hotel.
Anyway, so, we went there and it was quite porch. As we awaited our order, I sat there telling my dad that the stuff we were doing there could exactly be done in Connaught Place  of Delhi, and that he didn't even feel like Shimla! Dad told me to gobble my food first and then, to get ready to have fun.
"Right." I said, and did as instructed. 
He took us to a clean building which had an old fashioned structure.
"Okay, I think I should do it now." I said, opening my phone's dictionary to the word 'fun' and showing it to dad.
He had a lame face and joked that he would drop me alone there if I didn't stop those depressing jokes. I shrugged as my brother laughed.
It was the 'Gaiety Hall' in Shimla.
We went in there  and.........


(Gaiety Hall)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

Friends for Life…

A Battle Against The Downpour